We connect top-quality apprentices with successful NZ plumbing, gasfitting & drainlaying businesses.
Looking to become an apprentice? Looking to take on an apprentice? You’ve come to the right place! There's never been a better time to train in our industry.
July 2020 - Free Fees for Apprenticeships
August 2020 - Apprenticeship Boost for Employers
Scroll down to In the News for more information
1. We interview, screen and test
We process your application to make sure you've got the right stuff to succeed in our industry
2. We support your training
We coordinate your block course (off-job study) arrangements, pay your training fees, worth over $11,000 (if free fees do not apply) and match you with a mentor
3. We place you in an established plumbing/gasfitting/drainlaying firm
We match you with a local business for your on-job work experience. Our host companies are passionate about training and most are Master Plumbers Member businesses.
4. We give you the tools for the job
We set you up with a starter tool and PPE kit worth $2,000
5. Financial assistance is available
New Masterlink apprentices can apply for a special loan package if needed
1. We employ the best
Our robust recruitment process ensures quality apprentices for our host businesses
2. We make it hassle-free
We sort all your apprentice's ACC, HR, payroll and block course arrangements
3. We support you and your apprentice
Our Regional Managers hold regular appraisals to keep your apprentice on track with their studies
4. We take health & safety seriously
Health and safety is at the core of our apprentice management practices
5. Your apprentice is work-ready
We provide tools and PPE on start up, so your apprentice is fully equipped from day one
In the News
From 1 August 2020, employers of apprentices will receive up to $16,000 for each new apprentice. This Government funding is designed to assist businesses to take on new and retain existing first and second-year apprentices.
The subsidy runs for 20 months:
$1,000 per month for the first 12 months, then
$500 per month for the next 8 months
Find out more HERE
Masterlink will pass this subsidy on to our hosts!
From 1 July 2020 until the end of 2022, the Government is covering training fees for new and existing apprentices. This means no fees for learners or employers. Find out more HERE
- From 1 January 2018, the first 2 years of industry training is fees-free for eligible learners enrolling in eligible programmes—which include plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying apprenticeships. Talk to us today on 0800 502 102; email@example.com. We have more info about the eligibility criteria and fees-free process HERE
- Masterlink apprentices can attend Master Plumbers' training courses at discounted rates. See what's coming up HERE
Click to download