Get started on your new career with Masterlink.
Earn while you learn to get qualified in plumbing/drainlaying and gasfitting.
We'll match you with a local firm and set you up with a Masterlink Regional Manager to mentor you throughout your apprenticeship.
Here’s how a typical Masterlink plumbing apprenticeship works.
“Plumbing’s an underrated trade… now I’m doing it, I’ve fallen in love with it. It is hard work but fun—everyone should do it! It’s really cool trying different things. There’s never a dull moment, I’m constantly learning… and I have an income.”
Esmey Parata, Gas & Water
“There’s a lot of opportunity for bright young people who don’t mind hard work. I have a fantastic boss and a great bunch of guys to work with. Every day is different because there’s such a broad spectrum of work and interesting challenges.”
Kris Rangitaawa, Plumbing & Gas Works
It all adds up to exceptional value.
Pay less when you train through Masterlink! The total Masterlink fees are:
With free fees (TTAF 2020):
- Plumbing/Drainlaying & Gasfitting (PDG) - $6,000*
- Plumbing/Drainlaying (PD) - $5,000*
- Drainlaying - $750 (payable in full at sign-up and refunded if you qualify within 2 years)
Without free fees (TTAF 2020) when normal training fees apply:
- Plumbing/Drainlaying & Gasfitting (PDG) - $10,000*
- Plumbing/Drainlaying (PD) - $8,000*
- Drainlaying - $4,000* ($2,000 payable in full at sign-up and refunded if you qualify within 2 years)
* This comprises a sign-up fee of $2,000 with the remainder paid through weekly wage deductions (currently from 1 Jan 2023) for the duration of your apprenticeship. You may apply for our special interest-free loan package to help with your sign-up fee.